Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Beautiful Fredericton

I almost forgot what the sun looked like! Today was a lovely 21 degrees and no humidity, and everyone seemed to be out! The young and old were conversing on the trails and everyone seemed to be in a good mood. No wonder Fredericton is one of the friendliest cities in Canada! Except for some of the aggressive drivers... I spent my afternoon in Officers Square reading a book and enjoying the warm spring breeze whilst people watching and listening to the sounds of the city. I also counted 246 cyclists in a three hour time span along Queen Street! Is this a start of a cycling revolution for Fredericton? Or is this just a phase due to the Princess Margaret Bridge closure? It is nice to see the leaves finally coming out and people doing their thing. It's almost as if time slows down when you're on the trails. I will let the pictures do the talking.

The Park and Ride parking lot is full! I'm glad people are taking initiative. 

As you can see, the bridge is rather crowded today!

This is a typical section of trail from Brunswick Street to Biggs Street

x2

While sitting in Officers Square, I even found a cat enjoying the weather.

A beautiful sun set to end a perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment